Zoom Express Obedience Training
Calling all dog parents who are interested in obedience training but looking for easier way to work with a professional trainer? Why not consider these “bite” size classes with our Zoom Express Obedience Training?
Who should consider Zoom Express:
- People with time constraints for standard group or in-home training
- Families who want to minimize their exposure during the pandemic
- Families who have dog over-stimulated or reactive dogs who would not do well in a group class
- Families who have a dog that doesn’t do well with strangers due to lack of socialization, fear, or aggression
- Families located outside of our standard service area
- Your home or office is a less distracting environment than group classes
- Working in the environment in which you will be using the training
- One-on-one attention for you and your dog
- Work on training at your own pace
- Takes minimal time out of your day
- Work on what you need
What will you need:
- Access to Zoom
- A phone, tablet, or computer with a camera
- A low distraction room with a place to prop up the camera so we can see you and your dog and guide you through everything
What will be included:
30 minute personalized Zoom session to work on acquiring basic obedience or improving commands your dog already knows. Each obedience session will include homework to practice as well as video demonstrations of many behaviors. We can also cover advice on how basic household behaviors such as jumping up to greet, counter surfing, dumpster diving, and crate training.
- Obedience Training Sessions ($45 each session). You and your dog will receive training for the following commands: Sit, Down, Stay, Leave it, Come, Loose Leash Walking, Eye Contact, and Touch.
- Cafeteria Style ($45 each session) - Only take what you need. If your dog needs a little help with only certain commands, you can pick and choose as you need.
Contact us at 480-200-2011 or email us for information and scheduling.
Phone or FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom Consultations
We offer Zoom, phone, or FaceTime (video) consultations for those who have a dog or cat with a behavior or training issue, but cannot work with us in person due to distance, illness, logistical constraints, or due to the nature of the behavior issue such as pets that would hide or be distressed by our presence in your home.
We can help with:
- advice for a new dog owner
- advice on collars, leashes, harnesses, and other training equipment
- crate training
- cat integration
- choosing the right dog for your family
- some destructive issues such as chewing
- counter surfing, dumpster diving
- separation anxiety
- some forms of aggression
- litter box issues
- excessive barking
- many other behavior issues
Due to safety and liability concerns, we are unable to use video consultations for:
- leash reactivity
- most types of fighting dog issues
- dogs who bite or have bitten
- dogs who need our expert handling in order to establish a behavior protocol, etc.
In-person or in-home sessions are best in these situations. We are happy to guide you through your best options.
While nothing can replace the value of an in-person session with a certified consultant, these phone or video consultations can be invaluable in helping dog owners on their journey toward solutions and success.