THE LEARNING CENTER FOR DOGS
We are very excited to announce a new location in the Arcadia area for canine education classes and EduCare - our day-school for dogs! This location is called The Learning Center for Dogs. (EduCare for Dogs will continue at our Scottsdale location for all of our existing clients.)
We are located right next to Dr. Bracken's Arcadia Animal Clinic. The address is 3935 E MEADOWBROOK AVE, STE 2, PHOENIX AZ 85018. We will be open for business on August 1st, 2018.
This location will offer a variety of classes and services:
- Pet owner education classes including:
- Attending to Your Dog's Social Needs - safely guiding your dog's experiences at dog parks, day cares, play groups
- Understanding the Mysterious Language of Dogs - an in-depth look at how to read dogs in all situations
- Developing Resiliency in Fearful Dogs - how to best work with and train fearful dogs
- Safely Interacting with all the Dogs we Love - Tactical Solutions for Responding to Dog Behavior
- Classes for vet techs, groomers, pet sitters, dog walkers
- Classes for rescue groups and animal shelters
- Puppy Socialization and Obedience
- A special owner education class called "Guiding Your Puppy's Experiences" - Building Character for Life Skills
- Ongoing Guided puppy Socialization Sessions. These specialized sessions will teach you how and when to intervene in your puppy's play; the difference between appropriate and inappropriate play; and how to best socialize your puppy on an ongoing basis based on his/her play style. Sessions are held on the 4th Wednesday of every month from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. Please contact us to register your puppy. The fee is $25 per session and included in Puppy Training Classes.
- Puppies must be between 10 weeks and 5 months.
- Puppies must have a minimum of two combo vaccines and have had a negative fecal test.
- Puppies must have been in the same home for a minimum of ten days.
- Your puppy must be cleared by your vet in order to attend. Please download this form:
- Puppy Training Classes - designed to help you teach your puppy so he/she develops into confident dog, an obedient dog, and a dog you are proud to take out in public. Puppies learn good manners and basic obedience such as sit, down, stay, come, and walking on a leash.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) - stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step test will receive a certificate from the American Kennel Club
- AKC Community Canine - tests a dog's skills in a natural setting. Like the CGC, dogs must pass a 10-step test to earl the official AKC Community Canine Title.
- AKC Urban Canine Good Citizen - requires that dogs demonstrate CGC skills beyond the standard CGC certification. Dogs are in a setting that includes traffic, crowds, noises, smells, and other distractions that are present in a city or town.
- Therapy Dog Preparation - for those that are interested in taking their dogs to hospitals, hospice, nursing homes, schools, and variety of other settings. This class prepares you for the hands-on test to qualify for a Therapy Dog Certification.
- Basic Obedience Training - includes all the basics to get your dog started with training including sit, stay, down, come, walk on a loose leash, etc.
- Canine Neurobics - utilizes multiple senses to improve learning based on neuroscience. It includes working tactile, visual, gustatory, olfactory, and auditory senses combined with cognitive learning. Dogs are required to have completed a basic obedience class or have a solid compliance with commands.
- And many more classes coming soon! Check back for scheduling and sign up options.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 480-200-2011 with any questions!