SELECTING A PET TRAINING & BEHAVIOR PROFESSIONAL
You need help with your dog’s training and behavior but don’t know where to start in finding an expert to work with you and your pet? Here are three articles to help you make that decision:
Interviewing Pet Training and Behavior Professionals - This article gives you questions that you should be asking when screening a professional to help you with your pet.
Selecting a Pet Training and Behavior Professional - This article gives you an idea about how to categorize the individual personality traits of your dog and how to know what style or method of training or behavior should be used.
Training or Behavior - This articles give you insight into whether you should be looking for a professional trainer or a professional behavior expert.
Code of Conduct and Ethics for Credentialed Training and Behavior Experts
Sam Kabbel, CPDT-KSA biography:
- President and owner of Pet Behavior Solutions, 1996 to present
- Pet trainer and pet behavior counselor, 1996 to present
- Director of Animal Training and Behavior for the Arizona Animal Welfare League, 1997 to 2006
- Interim President and CEO, Arizona Animal Welfare League, 2006 to 2007
- Created and implemented Core Behavior Assessment™️ for Dogs and Cats which is in use at many statewide animal shelters, rescues, county animal control, and Humane Societies, 2004.
- Created and implemented Choice Training method of behavior modification and training 2001.
Related Certifications. Expertise:
- National Certification provided through Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers, CPDT, 2001 to present
- Created and developed EduCare for Dogs, a dog day care and training program, 2010 to present
- Behavior modification and counseling for all levels of dog and cat behavior problems
- Expert in aggression and temperament disorders
- Expert in dog temperament assessments